Before deployment, make sure you do the following:
- Program your AquaVent 5 logger, using Levelogger Software, with the correct project identification, memory mode, sampling regime, time, etc.
It is useful to synchronize the times of all AquaVent 5 loggers being used for the same project.
- If desired, use the Datalogger Zero option in the Levelogger Software to zero the logger to current atmospheric pressure.
- Set a future start time in the office, or start the AquaVent 5 logger in the field using Levelogger PC Software and a laptop, or the Solinst Levelogger 5 App & Interface.
- Determine borehole depth to ensure AquaVent 5 logger does not touch the bottom of the well (avoid submergence in sediment).
The length of the Vented Cable should not be assumed as the deployment depth, as there may be some slack in the cable, especially when using the hanger bracket.
- Use a Solinst Water Level Meter to take a manual depth to water measurement that will be used to verify AquaVent 5 readings
- Determine the minimum and maximum expected water levels, as AquaVent 5 loggers must remain submerged for the entire monitoring period.
- The AquaVent system is designed to be conveniently installed on a 2" well casing (4" using an adaptor). However, other installations are acceptable, if proper precautions and recommendations are followed.
- Leave at least 2" (50 mm) of slack in the Vented Cable at surface to allow you to lift the AquaVent Wellhead from the well cap base to provide access for manual depth to water measurements, without disturbing the AquaVent 5 logger from its down hole position.
- The Wellheads have a rating of IP 64 (dust and splash resistant), so should not be submerged at anytime. They can be secured inside an enclosure, however, it must be vented to equalize atmospheric pressure.
- Do not drop the AquaVent 5 logger into the water, carefully lower it into place. Avoid installing in areas where "water hammer" or hydraulic jump" (very sudden, large increases in pressure) may occur.
- Be careful not to nick or bend the Vented Cable during installation (use a maximum 1" (25 mm) bend radius as a precaution).
For tips, precautions, and more information on installations in different environments and applications, see the latest Vented Dataloggers User Guide.
After deployment, make sure you do the following:
- Take a manual depth to water measurement after the well has stabilized (approximately 10 minutes))
- Take another manual depth to water measurement just before removing the AquaVent 5 logger from the well