It is recommended to take a manual water level measurement before installing a Levelogger, shortly after installation, periodically during your monitoring interval, and at the end of your measurement period. Use these measurement to verify Levelogger readings, and for data adjustments later on. Ensure you take manual readings as close in time as possible to a scheduled Levelogger readings.
Before deployment, make sure you do the following:
- Program your Levelogger, using Levelogger Software, with the correct project identification, memory mode, sampling regime, time, etc.
- Set a future start time, or start the Levelogger if deploying on a wireline/ Kevlar rope (Leveloggers can be started after deployment if using a Direct Read Cable)
- Determine borehole depth to ensure Levelogger does not touch the bottom of the well (avoid submergence in sediment)
- Record the deployment depth of your Levelogger
- Use a Solinst 101 Flat Tape Water Level Meter or Solinst 102 Cable Water Level Meter to take a manual depth to water measurement that will be used to verify Levelogger readings
- Determine the minimum and maximum expected water levels, as Leveloggers must remain submerged for the entire monitoring period, and Barologgers must not be submerged
It is useful to synchronize the times of all Leveloggers and Barologgers being used for the same project.
- Deploy your Levelogger and Barologger using a direct read cable for downwell communication, or use an inexpensive wireline or Kevlar cord.
- Install the Barologger in a similar thermal environment as the Levelogger
- The Barologger should be suspended beyond the frost line and deep enough to avoid large temperature fluctuations
- Ensure the Barologger location is vented to atmosphere
For information on other types of installations, see the latest Levelogger User Guide.
After deployment, make sure you do the following:
- Take a manual depth to water measurement after the well has stabilized (approximately 10 minutes)
- Take another manual depth to water measurement just before removing the Levelogger from the well
The Model 3001 2" (or 4" with Adaptor) Well Cap Assembly provides a secure method of installing your Levelogger using wireline/Kevlar cord or Direct Read Cables.