LevelVent Water Level Datalogger
The Solinst LevelVent is a vented version of our popular Levelogger®. The highly accurate datalogger is designed to record water level and temperature measurements during shallow groundwater and surface water deployments.
The LevelVent logger contains pressure and temperature sensors, a battery, FRAM memory for up to 120,000 data logs*, and hydrophobic filter within a 7/8" x 7"
(22 mm x 178 mm) stainless steel housing.
The LevelVent uses a gauged pressure transducer; it is open to the atmosphere via a vented cable to the wellhead. The compact LevelVent wellhead is designed to fit in a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly, and provides easy connection for communication accessories.
The vented cable and Solinst LevelVent logger are protected from moisture by permanent, built-in desiccants and hydrophobic filters in the logger and the wellhead.
The vented pressure transducer is made of Hastelloy®, making it extremely durable and accurate in a wide range of temperature and monitoring conditions. The sensor provides an accuracy of 0.05% FS, and can withstand 2 times over-pressure without permanent damage.
- Ideal for shallow deployment: up to 65 ft (20 m) submergence
- Aquifer characterization: pumping tests, slug tests, etc.
- Stream gauging, lake, reservoir and dam management
- Watershed, drainage basin and recharge monitoring
- Stormwater and runoff monitoring
- Water supply and tank level measurement
- Long-term water level monitoring in wells and surface water
Vented Datalogger Advantages
- Continuous, reliable water level data for longterm monitoring projects
- No barometric compensation required, saving data processing time
- Instant water level data for real-time aquifer test results
LevelVent Programming & Communication
The LevelVent is programmed and data downloaded using Solinst Levelogger Software and a USB PC Interface Cable. It can also be used with the Solinst Levelogger App and Interface, and DataGrabber. Both accessories and PC Interface Cable conveniently connect directly to the LevelVent wellhead.
For deeper, hard to access applications, or areas that are prone to flooding, the Levelogger Series of absolute pressure water level dataloggers are also options (see Model 3001 Levelogger Edge Data Sheet).
- Gauged pressure sensor for highly-accurate water level measurements: 0.05% FS
- Compact wellhead makes deployment simple using a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly
- Communication cables and accessories connect directly to the wellhead
- Long-lasting battery included in logger
- Built-in hydrophobic filters and desiccants — no need to replace, reduces maintenance
- Use with Solinst software for multiple logging options including linear, event, scheduled and real-time view
*When programmed in compressed linear mode. See User Guide for details.
®Solinst and Levelogger are registered trademaks of Solinst Canada Ltd.
®Hastelloy is a registered trademark of Haynes International Inc.