The Levelogger® 5 App Interface uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to connect a Solinst datalogger to an Android™ smart device running Android 9.0 or higher. Please see the list of tested devices on the last page of this quick start guide.
Once the connection is made, you can use the Solinst Levelogger App to interact with the datalogger. The Solinst Levelogger App allows you to view real time data from the connected datalogger, as well as view, download, and e-mail logged readings. You can also program the dataloggers or apply a saved settings file.
The Levelogger 5 App Interface is compatible with the Levelogger 5 series of dataloggers, LevelVent 5, and AquaVent 5, as well as previous Levelogger Edge series dataloggers, and LevelVent and AquaVent using their most current firmware versions.
The Levelogger 5 App Interface connects to the top end of a Levelogger's L5 Direct Read Cable or L5 Optical Adaptor, LevelVent 5 Wellhead, or AquaVent 5 Wellhead Connector Cable.
To connect the Levelogger 5 App Interface, simply hold onto the top end of the Direct Read/Connector Cable/Wellhead, and thread the coupling of the Levelogger 5 App Interface onto the connection. The threaded connection is designed to be stable when installed on a Direct Read Cable or LevelVent Wellhead in a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly.
Alternatively, you can use a L5 Threaded or Slip Fit Adaptor, when a Direct Read Cable is not being used. Simply thread or slip the Levelogger into the optical end, and thread the Levelogger App Interface into the other connection.
L5 Direct Read Cable
LevelVent 5 Wellhead
The Levelogger 5 App Interface operates using four 1.5V AA replaceable lithium batteries (alkaline batteries can also be used).
To install or replace the batteries:
- Unscrew the top cap of the Levelogger 5 App Interface to access the battery holder.
- Slowly remove the battery holder from the Levelogger 5 App Interface housing.
- Ensure proper installation (polarity) when replacing the batteries.
- Insert the battery holder back into the Levelogger 5 App Interface housing. Ensure it is lined-up properly.
- Screw the top cap of the Levelogger 5 App Interface firmly back onto the housing.
Power Button and LED Light
Press and hold the power button for 1 second to turn the Levelogger 5 App Interface on. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn the Levelogger 5 App Interface off. The App Interface will automatically turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
The LED indicates the status of the Levelogger 5 App Interface:
- Green light flashing every second: Ready/waiting for a Bluetooth connection to be made from your smartphone device.
- Blue light flashing every 3 seconds: Bluetooth connected/device paired (App is open).
- Yellow light: Levelogger 5 App Interface is turning off while the button is held pressed.
- Red light flashing every 10 seconds: Batteries are low, need replacing.
Using the Levelogger 5 App & Interface
- Download the Solinst Levelogger App for your smart device on Google Play™.
- Connect the Levelogger 5 App Interface to the top end of your Levelogger's Direct Read Cable or Adaptor, LevelVent Wellhead, or AquaVent Wellhead Connector Cable. Press the power button to turn the App Interface on.
- Enable (turn on) Bluetooth on your smart device by going to Settings > Bluetooth. Scan for devices. Pair the Levelogger 5 App Interface to your smart device by selecting it from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Launch the Solinst Levelogger App and connect to your datalogger.
- Once you are finished programming or downloading your datalogger, disconnect the Levelogger 5 App Interface, and connect to a datalogger at your next monitoring location. The App Interface is not intended for dedicated applications.
Tested on the following devices:
Samsung S9 - Model SM-G960W
Google Pixel 3 - Model G013A
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Solinst Canada Ltd. is under license.
Solinst and Levelogger are registered trademarks of Solinst Canada Ltd.