The Levelogger® App Interface uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to connect a Solinst datalogger to an Android™ smart device running Android 8.0 or higher. Please see the list of tested devices on the last page of this quick start guide.
Once the connection is made, you can use the Solinst Levelogger App to interact with the datalogger. The Solinst Levelogger App allows you to view real time data from the connected datalogger, as well as view, download, and e-mail logged readings. You can also program the dataloggers or apply a saved settings file.
The Levelogger App Interface works with the Levelogger Edge, Barologger Edge, Levelogger Junior Edge, LTC Levelogger Edge, Rainlogger Edge, LevelVent, and AquaVent, as well as Levelogger Gold, Barologger Gold, Levelogger Junior, LTC Levelogger Junior, and Rainlogger dataloggers.
The Levelogger App Interface connects to the top end of a Levelogger's Direct Read Cable or Adaptor, LevelVent Wellhead, or AquaVent Wellhead Connector Cable.
To connect the Levelogger App Interface, simply hold onto the top end of the Direct Read/Connector Cable/Wellhead, and thread the coupling of the Levelogger App Interface onto the connection. The threaded connection is designed to be stable when installed on a Direct Read Cable or LevelVent Wellhead in a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly.
To connect to the Direct Read to Optical Adaptor, thread the Levelogger App Interface to the end of the Adaptor as described above. Line-up the optical eyes and thread the other end of the Adaptor onto the Levelogger. A slip fit version is also available.
Direct Read Cable
The Levelogger App Interface operates using four 1.5V AA replaceable lithium batteries (alkaline batteries can also be used).
To install or replace the batteries:
- Unscrew the top cap of the Levelogger App Interface to access the battery holder.
- Slowly remove the battery holder from the Levelogger App Interface housing.
- Ensure proper installation (polarity) when replacing the batteries.
- Insert the battery holder back into the Levelogger App Interface housing. Ensure it is lined-up properly.
- Screw the top cap of the Levelogger App Interface firmly back onto the housing.
Power Button and LED Light
Press and hold the power button for 1 second to turn the Levelogger App Interface on. Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds to turn the Levelogger App Interface off. The App Interface will automatically turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
The LED indicates the status of the Levelogger App Interface:
- Green light flashing every second: Ready/waiting for a Bluetooth connection to be made from your smartphone device.
- Blue light flashing every 3 seconds: Bluetooth connected/device paired (App is open).
- Yellow light: Levelogger App Interface is turning off while the button is held pressed.
- Red light flashing every 10 seconds: Batteries are low, need replacing.
Using the Levelogger App & Interface
- Download the Solinst Levelogger App for your smart device on Google Play™.
- Connect the Levelogger App Interface to the top end of your Levelogger's Direct Read Cable or Adaptor, LevelVent Wellhead, or AquaVent Wellhead Connector Cable. Press the power button to turn the App Interface on.
- Enable (turn on) Bluetooth on your smart device by going to Settings > Bluetooth. Scan for devices. Pair the Levelogger App Interface to your smart device by selecting it from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Launch the Solinst Levelogger App and connect to your datalogger.
- Once you are finished programming or downloading your datalogger, disconnect the Levelogger App Interface, and connect to a datalogger at your next monitoring location. The App Interface is not intended for dedicated applications.
Tested on the following devices:
Tablet: Samsung TabS4 – Model SM-T830NZKAXAC
Phone: Samsung S9 - Model SM-G960W
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Solinst Canada Ltd. is under license.
Solinst and Levelogger are registered trademarks of Solinst Canada Ltd.