Thank you for considering the 9100 STS Edge Telemetry System – GSM
The following document will help ensure that this is the correct system for your application.
Do you have good cellular coverage on site with the service provider
selected for this GSM system? Y / N
Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) is the measure of RF signal strength between the Remote Station modem and a base station, expressed in dBm. The signal strength should be no less than -100 dBm (considered weak coverage), -50 dBm is considered full signal strength.
The Home Station requires a static IP address. If one is not already in place, please ask your IT Department or Internet Service Provider (ISP) to arrange an address for the computer you will be using.
In some situations, the Home Station computer may be connected to a network, which is protected by firewalls. The static IP address may be connected into a router, which splits the Internet connection between all networked computers. You may require the assistance of your IT department with the installation and network configuration aspects. If the static IP is first connected to a router, the router must be accessed to allow for "port forwarding". This function is largely available on most makes and models of commercial routers. In the event that your network has strict firewalls, the security software may need to be accessed to allow for STS communication permissions.
Can you arrange a static IP address? Y / N
Service plan information that you are required to give to the Cellular Service Provider:
- Request: Data Usage Service Plan for a 2.5G/3G/4G cellular network, including LTE, HSPA, HSPA+ and 1xRTT
- Monthly data plan
- No voice access or voice features, no text messaging required
- A dynamic IP address is required for each Remote Station
Specifics relating to operation:
- Up to 4 dataloggers can be connected to each Remote Station
- Levelogger Direct Read Cable or AquaVent Wellhead Connector Cable and Reader Cable for each datalogger (Reader Cables connect directly to a LevelVent Wellhead)
- 12V Battery - NOT supplied by Solinst (12-30 AHr deep-cycle rechargeable sealed lead-acid recommended)
- Optional Antenna for modem
- Optional Solar/DC Power Connection Assembly
- Solinst Telemetry Software (Windows 7, 8 and 10 compatible)
- PC Interface Cable for Levelogger or LevelVent, or AquaVent USB Wellhead Connector Cable (backup download option)
9100 STS Edge Telemetry System - GSM