The LevelSender system supports using dynamic IPs for the Home Station and the remote LevelSender stations.
LevelSender operation requires setting up a cellular account with a wireless carrier. They will provide you with the information required to set up your LevelSender.
Request a data usage service plan for a GSM network. You do not require voice access or voice features.
Your cellular service provider will give to you an activated SIM card, APN (Access Point Name), account type, user name, and password.
You will also require an email account dedicated to sending and receiving emails at the Home Station, as well as separate, unique email addresses for each LevelSender station. This can be set-up on your own, or with the help of your IT department.
2.2.1 Installing the SIM Card
The LevelSender uses a standard size SIM card (15 mm x 25 mm).
To install the SIM Card:
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the three screws from the top of the LevelSender.
- Gently pull off the top cap of the LevelSender. Be careful not to pull the antenna wire more than a few inches out from the top of the LevelSender.
- Insert the SIM card into the slot on the top of the LevelSender, as shown in the photo below.
To remove the SIM card, press down on the card and it will spring up and out of the slot.
- While lowering the LevelSender top cap back into place, carefully push the antenna wire back into the opening.
- Replace the three screws to secure the top cap.
Figure 2-3 Installing the SIM Card