Tools and Materials Needed
- 3001 SC1000 MKII Direct Read Cable Reel (#109752)
- Direct Read Cable Assembly (pt# depends on length)
- Phillips screwdriver
3001 SC1000 MKII Direct Read Cable Reel (#109752)
- Place the reel on a flat surface with the faceplate up.
- Unscrew the three screws from the front of the faceplate, and remove the faceplate from the reel.
- Unscrew the black plastic bridge from the inside of the hub.
- From the front of the faceplate, thread the Optical Socket (Levelogger connection) of the Direct Read Cable through the opening in the faceplate.
- Thread the Optical Socket through the opening in the reel hub, from the inside outwards.
- Feed the entire length of Direct Read Cable through the faceplate and reel hub until the PC Interface Socket (surface connection) reaches the opening in the faceplate.
- Position the cable inside the hub with the black plastic bridge over top (the notch allowing the cable to run through the bridge facing downward) and refasten the two screws to secure the cable in the hub.
- Place the faceplate back on the reel and secure with the three screws.
- Slowly wind the Direct Read Cable onto the reel, holding to ensure no slack.