The Levelogger® App Interface uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to connect a Solinst datalogger to Apple® devices running iOS 7, or later. Please see list of supported devices on the last page of this quick start guide.
Once connected, you can use the Solinst Levelogger App to communicate with the datalogger. The Solinst Levelogger App allows you to view real time data from the connected datalogger, as well as view and download logged readings. You can also program the dataloggers or apply a saved settings file.
The Levelogger App Interface is compatible with the Levelogger Edge, Barologger Edge, Levelogger Junior Edge, LTC Levelogger Edge, Rainlogger Edge, and AquaVent, as well as Levelogger Gold, Barologger Gold, Levelogger Junior, LTC Levelogger Junior, and Rainlogger dataloggers.
Levelogger App Interface
The Levelogger App Interface connects to the top end of a Levelogger's Direct Read Cable or Adaptor, or to an AquaVent Wellhead Connector Cable.
To connect the Levelogger App Interface, simply hold onto the top end of the Direct Read/Connector Cable, and thread the coupling of the Levelogger App Interface onto the Direct Read/ Connector Cable. The threaded connection is designed to be stable when installed on a Direct Read Cable in a Solinst 2" Well Cap Assembly for Leveloggers.
Alternatively, you can use a Direct Read to Optical Adaptor, when a Direct Read Cable is not being used. Simply thread the Levelogger to the optical end, and the Levelogger App Interface to the other connection. A slip fit version is also available.
Direct Read Cable with Levelogger
Direct Read to Optical Adaptor
AquaVent Wellhead and App Connector Cable
The Levelogger App Interface uses four 1.5V AA replaceable lithium batteries (alkaline batteries can also be used, but will have a much shorter life). To change the batteries:
- Unscrew the top of the Levelogger App Interface, to access the battery holder.
- Carefully remove the battery holder from the Levelogger App Interface housing.
- Ensure proper polarity when replacing the batteries.
- Slide the battery holder back into the Levelogger App Interface housing, ensuring it is properly lined-up.
- Screw the top of the Levelogger App Interface firmly back onto the housing.
Power Button and LED Light
To turn the Levelogger App Interface on, press and hold the power button for 1 second. To turn the Levelogger App Interface off, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. The App Interface will automatically turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
The LED light indicates the status of the Levelogger App Interface when it is turned on:
- Green light flashing every second: Ready/waiting for a Bluetooth connection to be made from your smartphone device.
- Blue light flashing every 3 seconds: Bluetooth is connected.
- Yellow light: Levelogger App Interface is turning off while the button is held pressed.
- Red light flashing every 10 seconds: Batteries are low - replace the batteries.
Using the Levelogger App & Interface
- Download the Solinst Levelogger App on your smartphone device.
- Connect the Levelogger App Interface to the top end of your Levelogger's Direct Read Cable or Adaptor, or AquaVent Wellhead Connector Cable. Turn the Levelogger App Interface on by pressing the power button.
- Enable (turn on) Bluetooth on your smartphone device by going to Settings > General > Bluetooth. Pair the Levelogger App Interface to your smartphone by selecting it from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Launch the Solinst Levelogger App and connect to your datalogger
- Once you are finished downloading data, e-mailing data, viewing real-time readings, or programming your datalogger, disconnect the App Interface, and connect to a datalogger at your next monitoring location.
Made for: iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation)
"Made for iPod," "Made for iPhone," and "Made for iPad" mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards. Please note that the use of this accessory with iPod, iPhone, or iPad may affect wireless performance.
®Apple, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and iPod are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad mini is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Solinst Canada Ltd. is under license.
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Solinst and Levelogger are registered trademarks of Solinst Canada Ltd.