The Solinst AquaVent Vented Water Level Datalogger records accurate water level and temperature measurements in shallow groundwater and surface water applications. It combines pressure and temperature sensors, hydrophobic filters and datalogger within a 7/8" x 7" (22 mm x 178 mm) stainless steel housing.
The AquaVent uses a gauged pressure transducer; it is open to the atmosphere via a vented cable to surface. Atmospheric pressure is applied to the transducer diaphragm, providing a cancellation effect for barometric pressure. This results in actual water level recordings. The vented cable and Solinst AquaVent logger are protected from moisture by built-in desiccants and hydrophobic filters.
The vented pressure transducer is made of Hastelloy®, making it extremely durable and accurate in a wide range of temperature and monitoring conditions. The sensor provides an accuracy of 0.05% FS, and can withstand 2 times over-pressure without permanent damage.
The robust FRAM memory can hold up to 120,000 data sets when programmed in Solinst Levelogger® Software with a compressed linear sampling mode.
- Ideal for shallow applications: up to 65 ft (20 m) submergence
- Aquifer characterization: pumping tests, slug tests, etc.
- Stream gauging, lake and reservoir management
- Watershed, drainage basin and recharge monitoring
- Stormwater and runoff monitoring
- Long-term water level monitoring in wells and surface water
- Gauged pressure sensor for highly-accurate water level measurements: 0.05% FS
- Multiple built-in hydrophobic filters and desiccants — no need to replace, reducesAquaVent maintenance
- Easy-to-access, user-replaceable batteries in Wellhead
- Options for MODBUS (RS-232/RS-485) and SDI-12
- Separate cables for each communication protocol
- Use with Solinst software for multiple logging options including linear, event, and scheduled sampling
- Automatic barometric compensation reduces time required for post data processing
- Integrate into a third-party data collection system for remote real-time data
- Continuous, reliable water level data for long-term monitoring projects
- Actual water level readings for instant aquifer test results