- Levelogger Software comes pre loaded with necessary USB drivers.
- The following steps are based on the Windows® 7 operating system, if using another operating system, refer to the Levelogger User Guide.
- Plug the USB device into the computer, this will begin the 'Found New Hardware Wizard'.
- Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
- Click the 'Browse' button and choose this location: C:\Program Files\Solinst\Levelogger 4_3\USB Drivers
- A warning message may prompt that the software has not passed the Windows Logo Test. Select "Continue Anyway". This will complete the installation process. A system restart may be required. Repeating the steps may be necessary to complete the installation.
If the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' fails to start, refer to the Manual USB Installation instructions below.
Manual USB Installation
If your device is plugged in and the Found New Hardware Wizard fails to start, then follow these steps:
- Open the Device Manager. Typically this is found through the path: Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager
- Identify the Solinst device from the list. The device will be categorized under 'Other Devices' or 'Universal Serialw Bus Controllers' (look for yellow warning icon).
- Highlight the device in the list and right click. You will see an option to "Update the driver". This will start the 'Update Driver Software Wizard'. Follow steps 2-4 above to install the USB driver. You may have to repeat the steps to install the USB Serial Port.
- Once installed, the Com Port number will appear in Device Manager under 'Ports (Com & LPT)'.
If you are unsure which is the correct device in the list, with the screen visible, safely remove the device and then reconnect it. The list should automatically refresh accordingly.