Tools and Materials Needed
- 107 TLC Replacement Probe Assembly (#110605)
- Includes replacement #V013 O-Ring
- Make sure the TLC Meter is turned off.
- To remove the old probe, twist the probe counter-clockwise and pull out. This may take some force.
- Remove the two connectors from the brass tubes.
- Replace the o-ring on the tape seal plug.
- Lay the tape and tape seal plug so the numbers on the tape are facing up.
- Use tweezers to carefully pull the green and white wire connectors from the replacement probe body.
- To attach the new probe, connect the green wire to the brass connector on the top of the tape seal plug and the white wire to the bottom brass tube. Ensure the connectors are pushed all the way onto the brass tubes.
- Keeping the wires connected, slowly twist the probe up to two times. This shortens the wires and allows them to tuck easier into the probe body.
- Line up the indents in the probe with the grooves in the tape seal plug. Push the probe past the o-ring, then twist the probe clockwise until the probe seats on the tape seal plug.
- With the Probe in a glass of tap water, turn the TLC Meter ‘ON’. If the buzzer or light do not activate, or the LCD does not show temperature or conductivity, check the Probe and Tape connections.
- Load Factory Default Settings: scroll through the TLC Meter menu until you find the "Restore Factory?" screen. Press and hold the button for the next menu, then press two times to load the probe’s Factory Settings.
To avoid any nicks, make sure the wires are tucked back into the probe body when pushing the probe onto the tape seal plug.
Replacement Probes come factory calibrated. User calibration is optional. See TLC Meter Operating Instructions for the calibration procedure.