- Turn sensitivity dial fully clockwise.
- Clockwise rotation of sensitivity dial turns meter on and increases sensitivity.
- Always set switch to highest sensitivity position, then decrease if necessary.
- Depress the Battery Test button to test the battery and main circuitry (does not test the cable or probe).
- Submerse the probe in tap water. This completes the circuit and activates the buzzer and light.
The Tape Guide
The Tape Guide has been designed to:
- Improve accuracy when reading water levels
- Easily obtain repeatable measurements
- Prevent cable damage on well casing
- Allow the tape and probe to hang straight from the side of the well
- Fit the small end of the Tape Guide onto the edge of well casing 2" dia. or larger.
- For small reels, insert the leg of the Water Level Meter into the hole on the Tape Guide and rest the Water Level Meter on the side of the well casing. (See diagram at right).
- To store the Tape Guide, simply clip it onto the support bracket located on the back of the Water Level Indicator.
Water Level Measurements
- The zero measurement point on both P4 and P10 Probes is near the tip.
- For ease of operation the Tape Guide can be used to support the Water Level Indicator. (See diagram above).
- Feed the cable into the well. The light and buzzer activate when the probe tip enters water. To ensure accuracy, lower and raise the probe a few times and then record the depth measurement from the cable at the top of the well.
- When using the Tape Guide, the measuring point is offset from the top of casing. To adjust your measurements to the top of the casing, simply subtract the amount indicated on the front of the Tape Guide (ie 6 cm or 2/10 ft).