Water Level Meter - 110V Power Reel Instructions
Operation of the Controller
- Ensure that the 'FWD/OFF/REV' switch is in the 'OFF' position.
- Set the 'Speed' potentiometer on zero.
- Connect AC line power.
- Select FWD or REV.
- Slowly turn the 'Speed' potentiometer clockwise until the motor just starts to turn.
Motor must be grounded in accordance with the national electrical code and local codes by trained personnel to prevent serious electrical shocks.
If down-hole component gets stuck, do not use power motor. To avoid injury, turn motor off immediately, and attempt retrieval manually.
The Power Reel can use heat embossed polyethylene flat tape or Solinst lasermarked flat tape
Lowering the Tape
When lowering the tape, the speed will be about 2 ft/s, increasing by 2 ft/s for each additional 1000 ft of tape downhole. To reduce the speed increase during lowering, turn the speed dial down gradually. If the speed dial is at its lowest setting (1) and the speed is still too fast, decrease the speed by reversing the reel direction (i.e. rewind). This serves as a dynamic brake, and enables you to stop at the desired depth.
Retrieving the Tape
When rewinding the tape, the speed also depends on the length of tape down-hole. At maximum depth (for longer tapes with 5000 ft down-hole), the speed will be less than 0.2 ft/s, even at the maximum speed setting (10). The speed will gradually increase to 2 ft/s as the tape winds closer to the top of the well.
- Voltage: 115V AC single phase +/- 10%
(220V Power Reel: 125V AC single phase +/- 10%)
- Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 2Hz
Front Panel Controls
- Speed Pot: Adjusts motor speed from MIN SPD (0) setting to MAX SPD (10) setting.
- FWD/STOP/REV: Starts and Stops motor, selects motor rotation.
Ambient Temperature Conditions
- Temperature: 0 - 40˚C
- Humidity: 90% RH or less, non-condensing
- The shaft bearings contain grease fittings. After one year, insert multipurpose chassis grease, and re-apply once per year. The gear box is lubricated for life, and should never need to be lubed.
- Disconnect power source from motor and any accessory devices and allow motor to come to a complete stand still.
Water Level Meter Operation
- The level of sensitivity can be adjusted higher or lower by turning the dial clockwise or counter clockwise, and pressing the sensitivity button.
- Depress the Battery Test button to test the battery and circuitry.
- Submerse the probe in tap water. This completes the circuit and activates the buzzer and light.
Water Level Measurement
The zero measurement point is at the tip of the sensor pin, located at the centre of the P2 Probes, and where the black Delrin tip meets the stainless steel body of the P7 Probes.
The light and buzzer activate when the zero point enters water. To ensure accuracy, lower and raise the probe a few times and then record the depth measurement from the tape at the top of the well.