Tools and Materials Needed
- 201 Replacement Probe Assembly (#113940)
- Includes replacement #V013 O-Ring and Probe Shroud
- Tweezers (if required)
- Make sure the Water Level Temperature Meter is turned off.
- To remove the old probe, twist the probe counter-clockwise and slowly pull it away from the tape seal plug.
- It will take some force to pull past the o-ring on the tape seal plug. Ensure not to overextend the wire connectors inside the probe.
- Remove the two connectors from the brass tubes.
- Remove the old o-ring. Use your fingers to push the o-ring up and roll it off the tape seal plug.
- Use your fingers to install the new o-ring in the groove. You can lubricate it with a bit of water if required.
- Lay the tape and tape seal plug so the numbers on the tape are facing up.
- If required, use tweezers to carefully pull the green and white wire connectors from the replacement probe body.
- To attach the new probe, connect the green wire to the brass connector on the top of the tape seal plug and the white wire to the bottom brass tube. Ensure the connectors are pushed all the way onto the brass tubes.
- Keeping the wires connected, slowly twist the probe up to two times. This shortens the wires and allows them to tuck easier into the probe body.
- Line up the indents in the probe with the grooves in the tape seal plug. Push the probe past the o-ring, then twist the probe clockwise until the probe seats on the tape seal plug.
- With the Probe in a glass of tap water, turn the WLT Meter to the 'ON' position. If the buzzer or light do not activate, or the LCD does not show temperature, check the probe connections.
To avoid damage to the tape seal plug, do not use a sharp tool to remove or install the o-ring.
To avoid any nicks, make sure the wires are tucked back into the probe body when pushing the probe onto the tape seal plug.
Probe Replacement Video