Tools and Materials Needed
- One of the following Replacement Mk2 Faceplates with Electronics
- #112765 - 101 P7 SC1000 Faceplate w Electronics
- #112759 - 101 P7 SC2000 Faceplate w Electronics
- #112670 - 101 P2 SC1000 Faceplate w Electronics
- #112656 - 101 P2 SC2000 Faceplate w Electronics
- #112020 - 102 SC1000 Faceplate w Electronics
- #111921 - 102M SC100 Faceplate w Electronics
- Phillips or Robertson Screwdriver
- Wire Cutters (only required for Mk1 Water Level Meters)
- Pliers (only required for Mk1 Water Level Meters)
- Place the reel on a flat surface, with the faceplate up. Remove the battery from the Meter.
- Use the screwdriver to undo the three screws holding the faceplate to the hub. Remove the faceplate.
- If this is a Mk1 Water Level Meter, disconnect the Molex connector that connects the circuit board to the tape/cable. If this is a Mk2 Water Level Meter, press down on the white terminals of the push-release fittings on the circuit board and pull out to remove the tape/cable leads.
The battery is located inside the reel hub of a 102M Water Level Meter. Remove it in step 2.
Back of Mk1 101 Water Level Meter Faceplate
Back of Mk2 101 Water Level Meter Faceplate
- To connect the new faceplate with electronics, connect the tape/cable to the new circuit board assembly:
If this is a Mk2 Water Level Meter, press down on the white terminals on the circuit board and insert the tape/cable leads. Release the terminals and the leads should be secured.
For 101 Water Level Meter, the lead on the bottom of the tape (numbers facing up) is inserted into the terminal with a white square below it on the circuit board (see next page for images).
For 102 Water Level Meters, the positive lead is inserted into the terminal with a square etched below it on the circuit board. The positive lead has the pin connected to insulated wire, the negative pin is connected to the braided wire.
If this is a Mk1 Water Level Meter, with a Molex connector on the tape/cable leads, remove the Molex connector by pushing out the two pins. Cut each pin in half (see image on next page for correct location). Use pliers to flatten the remainder of the pins against the tape/cable lead, so it fits easily into the terminals on the circuit board. Connect each tape/cable lead to the new circuit board assembly, as described above in step a.
Remove the Pins from the Tape Molex Connector (Mk1)
Cut the Pins on Each Tape/Cable Lead in Half (as shown)
Press Down on the White Terminals on the Circuit Board and Insert the Tape/Cable Leads
Release the White Terminals and the Leads Should be Secured
- Install the battery.
- With the probe in a glass of tap water, turn the Water Level Meter to the 'ON' position. If the connections are correct the buzzer and light will activate. If the buzzer or light do not activate, check all connections and the polarity of the battery.
- Reattach the faceplate to the reel using the three screws.