- After the depth to water has been recorded, the cable should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry and placed into the probe holder.
- The probe, weights, cable and reel can be wiped clean with phosphate free (non-abrasive) detergent and water. Do not submerge the reel.
- Battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.
- The battery is housed within the faceplate of the reel.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the three screws on the faceplate.
- Carefully remove the faceplate so as to not unwind the cable. Note that there is an elastic band keeping everything together in the faceplate.
- While leaving the elastic band in place, replace the battery.
- Carefully place the faceplate back onto the hub and line up the holes.
- Once the screws have been tightened and the faceplate is secure, test the water level meter.
Before screwing the faceplate back onto the hub, make sure no wires are outside the hub.
The following parts can be provided should they become lost or damaged.
- Splice kits
- Lights, switches, etc.
- Replacement cable with probe (complete)
- Assembled probes on 10 ft or 3 m lengths of cable
|No sound when probe immersed in water.||Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Water Conductivity is very low.||Increase sensitivity dial setting (turn clockwise) or call Solinst for assistance.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in cable.||Locate break in cable - splice and seal, or replace. (Contact Solinst)|
|Disconnected wire inside probe.||Contact Solinst to obtain parts/repair instructions.|
|Instrument continuously sounds after being immersed in water.||Water in probe. Probe may be dirty which could interfere with the circuit connection.||Contact Solinst for instructions to clean or replace the probe.|