Probe Crimp Terminal Replacement
For Model 101 P7, 107, & 122 Probes
Tools and Materials Needed
- 101 P7/107/122 Probe Molex Crimp Terminal Set (set of 10) (#110779)
- 1 ft. of 1/8" Heat Shrink (#104114)
- Wire Strippers (if required)
- Molex Crimp Tool (see photo) or Suitable Pliers
- Heat Gun
Recommended: Molex 63811-1000 Crimp Tool
- Ensure the wire you are connecting the new crimp terminal to has been stripped by 3 mm.
- Use the Molex Crimp Tool (2 mm position - see photo at top) or suitable pliers to connect the crimp terminal to the wire. Tug the crimp terminal to ensure it is securely attached to the wire.M
- Cut off a 3/4" (19 mm) length of 1/8" heat shrink.
- Slide the heat shrink over the crimp terminal so there is only about 1 mm of the crimp showing at the end.
- Use the heat gun to seal the heat shrink onto the terminal. Ensure a good seal by pressing with your fingers.
- Lay the tape and tape seal plug so the numbers on the tape are facing up. Connect the terminal on the green wire to the brass connector on the top of the tape seal plug and the white wire terminal to the bottom brass tube. Ensure the connectors are pushed all the way onto the brass tubes.
- Reconnect the probe to the tape seal plug (see separate instructions if required).
- Test the Meter in water (and product for the 122, e.g. lamp oil). If the buzzer or light are not activated, check the probe connections.