Tools and Materials Needed
- Replacement Backplate Assembly with Screws (#103560, #105294, #105295, #104252-black)
- Robertson or Phillips Screwdriver
- Retaining Ring Pliers
Red for Models 101, 107 and 122
Black for Models 102 and 103
Red and Black Replacement Backplate Assemblies
- Place the reel on a flat workbench with the faceplate up. Use the Phillips or Robertson screwdriver to undo the three screws holding the faceplate to the hub. Remove the faceplate.
- For Mk1 101/102 Water Level Meters, Mk2 107 TLC Meters and 122 Interface Meters, disconnect the Molex connector that attaches the faceplate electronics to the tape/ cable.
For Mk2 101/102 Water Level Meters and Mk3 107 TLC Meters, press down on the push-release fittings on the circuit board to remove the tape/cable leads. Remember which lead is removed from each terminal – this is important when reconnecting.
- Secure the tape/cable so it does not slide off the reel.
- Use the retaining ring pliers to remove the retaining ring holding the hub to the centre rod of the frame. Remove the three washers.
- Pull the hub and attached backplate from the frame.
- Undo the three screws holding the backplate to the hub.
- Secure the new backplate to the hub using the three screws.
- Ensure the black delrin spacer is installed on the centre rod of the frame (SC1000 reels only) and the brake pad is flush with the back of the frame. Slide the hub and backplate back onto the frame.
- Replace the three washers over the centre rod (nylon washer between the two stainless steel washers). Also reinstall the ground cable washer if replacing the backplate on a Model 122. Reinstall the retaining ring on the centre rod.
- For Mk1 101/102, Mk3 107 and 122 Meters, connect the Molex connector from the faceplate to the tape/cable.
For Mk2 101/102 and Mk3 107, push down on the white terminals on the circuit board, insert the leads, then release the terminals.
- With the Probe in a glass of tap water, turn the Water Level Meter, Interface Meter or TLC Meter to the 'ON' position. If the connections are correct, the buzzer and light on the Meter will be activated. Check connections if the buzzer does not sound. (Not required for Model 103 replacements).
- Replace the faceplate on the hub and re-secure the three screws.
There is nothing to disconnect when replacing the backplate on a Model 103 Tag Line.
Model 122 Interface Meters will have an additional washer over the centre rod that is connected to the ground cable. Remove this washer as well.