Water Level Meter - 110V Power Reel Instructions
Using the Tape Guide
The tape guide has been designed to:
- improve accuracy when reading water levels,
- easily obtain repeatable measurements,
- prevent tape being cut by well casing,
- allow the tape and probe to hang straight from the side of the well.
When using the tape guide, the measuring point is offset from the top of casing. To adjust your measurements to the top of the casing, simply subtract the amount indicated on the front of the tape guide (i.e. 6 cm or 2/10 ft.).
- After the depth to water has been recorded, the tape should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry and placed into the probe holder.
- The probe, tape and reel can be cleaned with phosphate free (nonabrasive) detergent and warm water.
- Remove any dirt or water from around the central sensor pin. If the central sensor pin is corroded or coated, use emery cloth to polish it.
- Check the P2 probe seal/strain relief and replace the black heat shrink if there is any cracking or other damage.
- Use of the Tape Guide adds to the life of the tape.
Battery Replacement (battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.)
- The battery is housed conveniently on the front of the box with the sensitivity switch.
- To replace the battery, open the compartment with a screw driver.
- Note the polarity and place another new battery in the drawer and slide it back into the faceplate.
The following parts can be provided should they become lost or damaged: Probes and seal kits, splice kits, lights, switches, etc., reels, and replacement tapes with probes (complete) or probe seals.
|No sound when probe immersed in water||Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Water conductivity is very low.||Increase sensitivity switch setting (turn clockwise) or call Solinst for assistance.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/ disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in tape.||Locate break in tape - splice and seal (contact Solinst).|
|Disconnected wire inside probe.||Contact Solinst to obtain parts/repair instructions.|