101 Water Level Meter P7 Probe Replacement: Instructions
Tools and Materials Needed
- 101 P7 Replacement Probe Assembly (#110483)
- Includes replacement #V013 O-Ring
- Make sure the Water Level Meter is turned off.
- To remove the old probe, twist the probe counter-clockwise and pull out. This may take some force.
- Remove the two connectors from the brass tubes.
- Lay the tape and tape seal plug so the numbers on the tape are facing up. Ensure there is an o-ring on the tape seal plug.
- Use tweezers to carefully pull the green and white wire connectors from the replacement probe body.
- To attach the new probe, connect the green wire to the brass connector on the top of the tape seal plug and the white wire to the bottom brass tube. Ensure the connectors are pushed all the way onto the brass tubes.
- Keeping the wires connected, slowly twist the probe up to two times. This shortens the wires and allows them to tuck easier into the probe body.
- Line up the indents in the probe with the grooves in the tape seal plug. Push the probe past the o-ring, then twist the probe clockwise until the probe seats on the tape seal plug.
- With the Probe in a glass of tap water, turn the Water Level Meter to the 'ON' position. If the connections are correct, the buzzer and light on the Meter will be activated. Check connections if the buzzer does not sound.
To avoid any nicks, make sure the wires are tucked back into the probe body when pushing the probe onto the tape seal plug.