101 P2 Water Level Meter: Operating Instructions
- After the depth to water has been recorded, the tape should be carefully rewound onto the reel, the probe wiped dry and placed into the probe holder.
- The probe, tape and reel can be cleaned with phosphate free (non-abrasive) detergent and warm water. Do not submerge the reel.
- Use of a Water Level Meter Carrying Bag adds to the service life of the meter.
- Use of the Tape Guide adds to the life of the tape.
Probe Care and Cleaning
- The P2 Probe should be wiped clean after each use.
- Remove any dirt or water from around the central sensor pin.
- If the central sensor pin is corroded or coated, use emery cloth to polish it.
- Check the P2 Probe seal/strain relief and replace the black heat shrink if there is any cracking or other damage.
- After cleaning, place probe back in its holder.
- Battery type - alkaline, 9 volt.
- The battery is housed in a convenient battery drawer located in the faceplate of the Water Level Meter.
- To replace the battery, simply press the drawer in, lift then pull.
- The battery drawer should slide out of the faceplate enough to pull it out.
- Note the polarity (positive (+) terminal should be towards the small notch in the end of the drawer) and place new battery in the drawer and slide it back into the faceplate.
The following parts can be provided should they become lost or damaged.
- Probes and seal kits
- Splice kits
- Lights, switches, etc.
- Replacement tape with probe (Complete)
- Assembled probes on shorter lengths of tape
No sound when probe immersed in water
|Dead battery.||Replace with 9V Alkaline.|
|Water Conductivity is very low.||Increase sensitivity switch setting (turn clockwise) or call Solinst for assistance.|
|Disconnected wires on circuit board.||Check all connections inside hub of reel for loose/disconnected wires - solder or reconnect.|
|Broken wire in tape.||Locate break in tape - splice and seal, or replace. (Contact Solinst)|
|Disconnected wire inside probe.||Contact Solinst to obtain parts/repair instructions.|
|Instrument continuously sounds after being immersed in water.||Water in probe. Probe may be dirty which could interfere with the circuit connection.||Contact Solinst for probe seal kit. Disassemble, clean and reassemble probe using the new seal kit.|