Tools and Materials Needed
- 107 TLC Mk3 Faceplate with Electronics (#113027)
- Phillips or Robertson Screwdriver
- Wire Cutters
Model 107 TLC Mk3 Faceplate with Electronics
- Place the reel on a flat workbench with the faceplate up. Make sure the TLC Meter is turned off. Remove the battery.
- Undo the three screws from the faceplate, and slowly remove it from the reel.
- If this is an Mk2 TLC Meter, disconnect the Molex connector that connects the circuit board to the tape. If this is an Mk3 TLC Meter, press down on the white terminals of the pushrelease fittings on the circuit board and pull out to remove the tape leads.
- Connect the tape to the new faceplate circuit board assembly:
- If this is a Mk3 TLC Meter, press down on the white terminals on the circuit board and insert the tape leads. Release the terminals and the leads should be secured. The lead on the bottom of the tape (numbers facing up) is inserted into the terminal labelled BOT on the circuit board, and the top lead into the terminal labelled TOP.
- If this is an Mk2 TLC Meter, with a Molex connector on the tape leads, remove the Molex connector by pushing out the two pins. Cut each pin in half (see image below for correct location). Use pliers to flatten the remainder of the pins against the tape lead, so it fits easily into the terminals on the circuit board. Connect each tape lead to the new circuit board assembly, as described above in step a.
- Replace the battery in the TLC Meter.
- With the Probe in a glass of tap water, turn the TLC Meter 'ON'. If the buzzer or light do not activate, or the LCD does not show temperature or conductivity, check the connections.
- Secure the new faceplate to the reel with the three screws.
Back of the Model 107 TLC Mk2 Faceplate
Back of the Model 107 TLC Mk3 Faceplate
Remove the Pins from the Tape Molex Connector (Mk2)
Cut the Pins on Each Tape Lead in Half (as shown)
Press Down on the White Terminals on the Circuit Board and Insert the Tape Leads
Release the White Terminals and the Leads Should be Secured