Water Level Meter - Connecting Replacement Tape to Power Reel
Tools and Materials Needed
- Power Reel Assembly (no tape), comes with:
- Cable Tie
- Cable Clamp
- Replacement Tape, comes with:
- Molex Plug Connector
- Grommet (not used)
- 7/16" Wrench or Pliers
- Place the Power Reel on a flat work surface.
- By hand, insert the connector pins of the replacement tape into the Molex plug connector. The negative connector pin is inserted into the terminal on the pointed side of the Molex plug connector, and the positive connector pin is inserted into the terminal next to that.
The negative connector pin is on the wire at the top of the tape (numbers facing up). See diagram below.
- Before securing and winding the tape onto the reel, connect the replacement tape to the Molex socket connector on the Power Reel, and with the probe in a glass of tap water, turn the Water Level Meter electronics on. If the connections are correct, the buzzer and light will be activated. Check connections if the buzzer does not sound. Disconnect the tape.
- Using the photos as a guide, first secure the replacement tape to a spoke on the top of the Power Reel (tape markings facing up) using the cable tie. Secure about 2 ft. (0.5 m) from the end of the tape with Molex plug connector.
- Bring the tape end to the centre axle of the reel, and wrap the tape around the axle as shown in the phots. Using the wrench or pliers, tighten the cable clamp around the tape to secure it to the axle.
- Reconnect the replacement tape to the Molex socket connector on the Power Reel.
- Connect the Power Reel to a power source and start the reel at the lowest speed. Slowly wind the entire tape onto the reel, holding to ensure no slack.