Model 800 1.8" Single Point Packer to 1.66" Pump
- The complete assembly weighs about 11.5 lbs (5.2 kg).
- See separate operating instructions for the Model 800 Packers, and Model 407 Bladder Pumps or Model 408 Double Valve Pumps.
Tools and Materials Needed
- Packer to Pump Adaptor Assembly - 1.8" Packer to 1.66" Pump (#110391), includes:
- Pump to Packer Adaptor (#110389)
- Packer to Filter Retainer Adaptor (#110388)
- Model 407 1.66" x 2 ft. SS Bladder Pump (#106138) or Model 408 1.66” x 2 ft. SS Double Valve Pump (#106082)
- Model 800 1.8" x 2 ft. Single Point Packer (#107967)
- 3/8" Hex Allen Key
- Solinst Model 103 Tag Line
New Packers come with Centralizers that should be used with this assembly if suited (see Model 800 Operating Instructions)
- Using a 3/8" Hex Allen Key, unthread the bottom plug in the Packer.
- Unscrew the Filter Retainer from the Bottom Platen of the Pump. Be careful not to lose the Check Ball.
- Assemble Adaptor #110388 by threading the components together in the order shown in the diagram at right.
- Place the Check Ball on top of the Filter Retainer and screw the Filter Retainer into the assembled Adaptor #110388 until finger-tight.
- Thread Adaptor #110388 with Filter Retainer into the bottom of the Packer.
- Assemble Adaptor #110389 by threading the components together in the order shown in the diagram at right.
- Thread the Pump to Packer Adaptor #110389 into the Bottom Platen until finger-tight.
- Connect the inflation line to the top of the Packer.
- Attach a lowering cable (Solinst Model 103 Tag Line) to the top of the Packer.
- Thread the Pump to Packer Adaptor #110389 with the Pump into the top of the Packer.
- Connect the Pump Drive and Sample Lines.
- Lower the assembly into place.