- Unscrew and remove the Filter Retainer, Filter Screen and Top and Bottom Platens, being careful not to lose the Check Balls. Remove the Bladder Sleeve from the Pump Body.
- Remove the Top and Bottom Retainers from the Bladder Sleeve. While gripping the Bladder Sleeve, you may need to push one end onto a solid surface to help get the first Retainer out, then use the Center Rod to push the other Retainer out. Slide the Center Rod out of the Bladder.
- Remove the Bladder from the Bladder Sleeve using a pair of needle nose pliers.
The pump has been decontaminated before leaving Solinst, however, you may wish to decontaminate your pump before use. The pump should be decontaminated between wells.
- Completely disassemble the Pump.
- Wash all pump components with phosphate-free soap or a detergent.
- Rinse all components thoroughly with deionized water.
- Replace any worn O-rings and reassemble.
- Manually slide the new Bladder into the Bladder Sleeve. It will extend beyond the Bladder Sleeve at both ends.
- Using your fingers, slightly stretch/flare both ends of the Bladder.
- If necessary install new O-rings on both Top and Bottom Retainers and both Platens. (Total of 8.)
- Slide the Bladder so about 1/4" extends beyond one end of the Bladder Sleeve. Hold the other end of the replacement Bladder to minimize slip within the Sleeve. Liberally lubricate a Retainer with water, and insert it first at a 45° angle and rotate gently back and forth until the Bladder has been pushed about 1/4" past the second O-ring on the Retainer.
- Insert the Centre Rod into the Sleeve and ensure it seats in the Retainer.
- If required, trim the Bladder at the other end so it extends at least 1/4" beyond the Bladder Sleeve. Lubricate the second Retainer with water, insert it at a 45º angle then align it onto the Centre Rod. Working gently to avoid twisting or crumpling of the Bladder, push the Retainer into the Bladder until the Center Rod is fully seated in both Retainers and the Bladder has been pushed about 1/4" past the second O-ring on the Retainer.
- Using a sharp knife, trim any excess Bladder material so it is flush with the edges of the Bladder Sleeve on both ends.
- Put the Filter Screen over the Filter Retainer. Screw the Filter Retainer into the Bottom Platen.
- Drop the 3/8" OD PTFE Check Ball into the Bottom Platen. Do not force the ball in, as the correct ball should drop in easily.
- Fit the Bottom Retainer of the assembly firmly into the Bottom Platen.
- Slip the Pump Body over the assembly and screw it onto the Bottom Platen. If tight, use a single wrap of PTFE Tape.
- Drop a 3/8" OD PTFE Check Ball into the Top Platen and screw the Pump Body onto it.
- Shake the assembled pump to hear if the Check Balls rattle. If not, repeat steps 10 to 12 to ensure that the Check Balls are positioned correctly.
Model 407 2 ft. x 1.66" dia. SS Bladder Pump (106138)
(Filter Retainer and Screen Assembly (Complete) 110517)
Be careful not to lose the two pieces of the ferrule if loosening or removing the nut from the compression fitting.