Tools and Materials Needed
- 407 1" Drop Tube Assembly (#107902) Includes:
-2 x 14.0 Single Ear Oetiker Clamps (#100165)
-1" dia. x 6" SS Weight (#107903)
- 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID LDPE tubing
- Single Ear Oetiker Clamp Pliers
-Solinst (#100144) or equivalent
- Tubing Cutters
Drop Tube Assembly
A Drop Tube Assembly allows samples to be obtained from greater depths then the standard 500 ft. (150 m) below grade for stainless steel Solinst Bladder Pumps. The Drop Tube places the screened filter intake of the Pump as deep as necessary to access the sample zone desired.
The Drop Tube Assembly is easily installed on existing Pumps, even in the field. Pumps are operated in the same manner as those without a Drop Tube, which maintains high sample integrity.
- Select and cut the appropriate length of 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID tubing. The most common type of tubing used is low density polyethylene (LDPE).
- Unscrew and remove the Filter Assembly (Filter Retainer and Filter Screen) from the Bottom Platen of the Pump. Set aside, as it will be used to complete the Drop Tube Assembly.
- Slide an Oetiker Clamp over one end of the tubing. Insert the stem of the Bottom Platen into this end of the tubing.
- Center the Oetiker Clamp over the groove in the stem, and use the pliers to crimp the Oetiker Clamp to secure the tubing to the Pump.
- Slide the second Oetiker Clamp over the other end of the tubing. Insert the unthreaded stem of the 1" dia. x 6" SS Weight into this end of the tubing.
- Center the Oetiker Clamp over the groove in the stem of the SS Weight, and use the pliers to crimp the Oetiker Clamp to secure the tubing to the SS Weight.
- Thread the Filter Assembly onto the bottom stem of the SS Weight to complete the installation.
- The Bladder Pump is operated in the same manner as those without a Drop Tube. See separate operating and pumping instructions.
Other sizes of tubing may also be used, however, the end user will need to supply their own tubing and tubing adaptors.
Model 407 Bladder Pump 1" Diameter Drop Tube Assembly
- See separate operating instructions for the
1" Model 407 Bladder Pump
- Refer to the operating instructions in the lid of the Solinst Model 464 Electronic Pump Controller for detailed pumping instructions.
- One end of the 1" dia. x 6" SS Weight is threaded (NPTF) to receive the Filter Assembly. The opposite end of the Weight is not threaded, and will be fitted with the 1/2" OD x 3/8" ID tubing and clamped with one Oetiker Clamp.