Model 800 3.9" Single Point Packer to 1.66" Pump
- The complete assembly weighs about 17.5 lbs (7.9 kg).
- See separate operating instructions for the Model 800 Packers, and Model 407 Bladder Pumps or Model 408 Double Valve Pumps.
Tools and Materials Needed
- Packer to Pump Adaptor Assembly - 3.9" Packer to 1.66" Pump (#110097), includes:
- Pump to Packer Adaptor (#110096)
- Packer to Filter Retainer Adaptor (#110095)
- PTFE tape or equivalent
- Model 407 1.66" x 2 ft. SS Bladder Pump (#106138) or Model 408 1.66” x 2 ft. SS Double Valve Pump (#106082)
- Model 800 3.9" x 3 ft. Single Point Packer (#107969)
- Solinst Model 103 Tag Line
New Packers come with Centralizers, Bushings, and a Base Plug – these are not to be used with this assembly.
- Unscrew the Filter Retainer from the Bottom Platen of the Pump. Be careful not to lose the Check Ball.
- Add PTFE tape (or equivalent) to all male threads (i.e. Filter Retainer, 1" NPTM threading at both ends of the Packer, and the Pump to Packer Adaptor).
- Place the Check Ball on top of the Filter Retainer, and thread the assembly into the Packer to Filter Retainer Adaptor.
- Thread the Packer to Filter Retainer Adaptor onto the bottom of the Packer.
- Thread the Pump to Packer Adaptor into the Bottom Platen.
- Connect the inflation line to the top of the Packer.
- Attach a lowering cable (Solinst Model 103 Tag Line) to the top of the Packer.
- Thread the Pump to Packer Adaptor onto the top of the Packer.
- Connect the Pump Drive and Sample Lines.
- Lower the assembly into place.