- The maximum lift for stainless steel pumps is 500 ft. (150 m).
- DO NOT exceed an operating pressure of 250 psi.
The Double Valve Pump is assembled by connecting it to skip-bonded, dual 1/4" OD tubing, mounted on a reel.
- To accommodate the 1/4" drive tubing, unscrew the 3/8" drive stem. Use a small (2 mm) Allen key through the hole in the stem to help loosen. Screw the extra 1/4" stem in its place. Tighten using the Allen key (see overleaf).
- Push the drive and sample tubing over the tubing barbs on the stems, identified by an "S" and a "D" etched on the pump.
- Lower the assembled DVP into the well, using a stainless steel safety line connected to the eye bolt on the pump. The Solinst Model 103 Tag Line can be used for this purpose.
- Connect the supply line with the in-line dryer from the compressed gas source to the Control Unit. The drive line connects from the Control Unit to the reel (drive and supply lines come with the Model 464 Control Unit).
- Attach a short (3 ft. or 1 m) length of 1/4" OD sample line to the sample connector on the reel.
If required, use an awl to open the very tip of the tubing, or heat the tubing to help push it completely over all the barbs.
The Double Valve Pump is assembled by connecting to a Dedicated Wellhead with 3/8" or 1/4" OD sample and drive line tubing.
- Cut the tubing to desired the lengths. See steps a) and b) above for tubing connection instructions to the Pump. The extra 1/4" stem for the drive line can be used if 1/4" tubing is desired.
- Attach the sample and drive lines to the appropriate push fittings on the underside of the Wellhead (see diagram at right for use of push fittings and adaptors).
- Lower the DVP into the well, using a stainless steel safety line if desired. If useful, attach the safety line to the suspension hook on the underside of the Wellhead. Push the Wellhead firmly onto the riser casing.
- Attach a short (3 ft. or 1 m) length of 1/4" OD or 3/8" OD sample line to the sample connector on the Wellhead (see diagram at right for use of push fittings and adaptors).
- Connect the supply line with the in-line dryer from the compressed gas supply to the Control Unit. The drive line connects from the Control Unit to the top of the Wellhead (drive and supply lines come with the Model 464 Control Unit).
For detailed pumping instructions, please see the Solinst Model 464 Control Unit Operating Instructions.
Dedicated Wellhead Setup (110227)
Wellheads come with three 1/4" push fit adaptors so that either 1/4" or 3/8" tubing can be used, as preferred.
To attach tubing just push into push fitting. To release tubing push down on both sides of the top ring and pull tubing out.
Optional Drive Line Adaptor (107117)
Drive Line "M Style" Quick Connect
Drive Line 1/4" (6.4 mm) Push Fitting
When the Bladder Pump is deployed without a Wellhead or Tubing Reel, use a Drive Line Adaptor to allow the connection of the drive line quick connect fitting from the Control Unit to the drive line pump tubing.