The NEW 425-D Deep Sampling Discrete Interval Sampler can sample from submerged depths as much as 1200 m (4000 ft). The stainless steel sampler connects to the same convenient tubing reel as the standard 425. Operation follows the basic principles of hydraulics. The sealed sampler is pressurized at depth allowing water to enter. The sampler is vented and sealed before retrieval to surface, maintaining sample integrity.
- Representative water samples to submerged depths of up to 1200 m (4000 ft)
- No compressor needed, use a simple bike pump
- Ideal for deep water sampling of boreholes, wells, lakes, and oceans
- Perfect for applications similar to deep abandoned mine shaft monitoring
- Simple to use and to decontaminate
The Model 425 Discrete Interval Sampler is a stainless steel groundwater sampler with LDPE tubing mounted on a convenient reel and is pressure activated using a hand pump. The sampler is pressurized before being lowered, and upon retrieval, to prevent mixing. Pressure is released at the desired depth to obtain a sample. Ideal for sampling from depths as much as 90 m (300 ft) below water level.
- High quality, discrete zone samples
- Profile wells or open bodies of water
- Easy operation and transportation
- No mixing of water from different levels
- Avoids purging and disposal of purged water
Discrete interval sampling is ideal for obtaining truly representative groundwater samples from below floating product layers, or for obtaining samples of the product itself. Discrete Interval Samplers can also be used to profile open bodies of water, boreholes, and to collect samples from distinct levels or points of inflow. Discrete Interval Samplers are passive samplers that are sealed when lowered and upon retrieval, to prevent water mixing at different levels. Designed to give zero purge samples.
With the aid of 14 Waterloo Emitters, the site of a former gas station was remediated within 6 months of their installation. The Emitters diffused oxygen into the groundwater, to enhance aerobic bioremediation of BTEX and petroleum hydrocarbons.
Double Valve Pumps
Double Valve Pumps are positive displacement gas drive pumps that provide high and low flow groundwater sampling, without the use of a bladder. Representative groundwater samples are produced, ideal when sampling for VOCs and PFAS.