Tools and Materials Needed
- Power Cable Assembly (Spare) (#110341)
- 5/16" Wrench
- Small Flat Screwdriver
- Wire Strippers
- Pilers or Crimp Tool
- Disconnect the Pump from the power supply.
- Using the 5/16" wrench, remove the four screws from the End Plate (opposite end from Pump Head).
- Use the small flat screwdriver to pry open the strain relief on the Power Cable on the outside of the Pump Housing. See photo below.
- Carefully slide the Control Board out of the enclosure.
- Unplug the 4-Pin Connector from the Control Board by pressing the sides and pulling out from the Board.
- Slide the Choke off of the Control Board. You may need to cut the plastic tie around the Control Board to remove the choke. See Photo Below.
- Using the small flat screwdriver, remove the black wire from position two on the 4-Pin Connector. Insert the screwdriver into the slot below the wire, and pull the wire out. See photo below.
- Pull the white wire with the quick-connect fitting, from the connection to the fuse, then cut the fitting off the wire.
- Cut the plastic ties from the wires around the Choke, and unwind the wires from the Choke. You will re-use the Choke.
- Pull the wires from the old Power Cable Assembly through the strain relief and out of the Pump.
Feed the wires of the new Power cable Assembly through the strain relief until about 6" of the jacketed part of the Power Cable is in the Pump housing.
- Insert the black and white wires of the Power Cable Assembly through the Choke until you reach the black jacket of the Power Cable. Tightly wrap the black and white wires around and through the Choke four times.
- Use a longer plastic tie to secure the wires to the choke. Use the shorter plastic tie to secure the wires exiting the Choke.
- Strip the black and white wires on the new Power Cable Assembly by 7 mm.
- Use Pliers or a suitable crimp tool to crimp the quick-connect fitting to the end of the white wire (see photo below). Ensure the wire is pushed into the fitting until the outer white jacket prevents it from going further. Tug the connector to ensure it is secure. See photo on top right.
- Plug the quick-connect fitting onto the fuse.
- Insert the black wire into the empty terminal in the 4-Pin Connector. Use the small flat screwdriver to push in the slot below the wire connection, insert the wire in the terminal, then release the screwdriver. Ensure the wire is connected.
- Plug the 4-Pin Connector back into the Control Board.
- Use the longer plastic zip tie to secure the Choke to the Control Board. See photo below.
- Slide the Control Board into the enclosure in the slots, plugs facing down.
- Carefully push all wires into the housing. Pull the excess power cable in the Pump Housing through the strain relief, then lock the strain relief.
- Screw the End Plate back on the Pump.