Always disconnect from the power source while the pump head cover is removed.
Changing or Installing 5/8" Silicone Tubing
- To install or replace the tubing, disconnect the pump from its power supply, then undo the four thumbscrews on the pump head (clear plastic end). Remove the pump head cover.
- Manually rotate the pump impeller in any direction while gently pulling on the tubing to pull it out of the pump head.
- Position the new tubing around the impeller in a "U" shape with equal lengths. Turn the impeller to the 6 and 12 o'clock position and push the right hand tubing into the tubing pathway, holding near the bottom. Rotate the impeller clockwise until tubing is in place. Push the left half of the tubing into place and rotate the impeller.
- Reposition the pump head cover and screw firmly in place, but only finger tight. Do not use a wrench or over tighten.
Installing Adapter Kit & 3/8" Tubing (#113913)
- 3 ft of 3/8 OD Silicone Tubing
- 1 Pump Head Insert
- 2 Tubing Inserts
Peristaltic Pump with Tubing Adaptor Kit Installed
- Disconnect the pump from the power supply, then undo the four thumbscrews on the pump head (clear plastic end). Remove the pump head cover. Remove the existing tubing (see step #2 above).
- Slide the tubing inserts into the pump head tubing inlet/outlets.
- Make a "U" shape with the white plastic pump head insert and place around the tubing pathway in the pump head. The angled cutouts on the two corners of the insert face outwards.
- Position the new tubing around the impeller, following instruction #3 above.
- Re-position the pump head cover and screw it firmly in place, but only finger tight. Do not use a wrench or over tighten.
Peristaltic Pump Maintenance
- Remove tubing when stored.
- Replace the tubing regularly.
- To avoid motor damage due to over-heating, allow pump to cool fully at least every 7–8 hours, or more often under high ambient heat conditions.
- In the event of a tripped circuit breaker, simply press the reset button on the side of the pump to regain operation of the pump.
- With heavy usage we recommend opening the motor to inspect the gears periodically. Clean the gears and add grease if necessary. Contact Solinst for instructions.