Bladder Pump to Double Valve Pump Conversion Instructions
Tools and Materials Needed
- Model 407 1.66" x 2 ft. SS Bladder Pump (#106138)
- 1.66" dia. x 2 ft. 407 to 408 Conversion Kit (#106896)
- 408 1.66" DVP Replacements Part Kit (#103062)
- 3 x V-012 O-rings (#100291)
- 2 x V-124 O-rings (#101133)
- 1 x V-116 O-ring (103493)
- 2 x 3/8" OD Check Balls (#101399)
- 1.66" DVP Bottom Platen (#103525)
- 1.66" x 2 ft. DVP Riser (#103528)
- 1.66" DVP Valve Body (#103529)
These instructions assume that the Model 407 Solinst Bladder Pump has been completely decontaminated and is fully assembled before beginning the conversion.
Disassembling the Bladder Pump
- With each hand, hold the Top and Bottom Platens and rotate each counter clockwise, opposite to each other.
- Once loosened, unscrew the Top Platen from the Pump Body. Be careful not to lose the 3/8" OD Check Ball. Unscrew the Pump Body from the Bottom Platen and unscrew the Filter Assembly from the Bottom Platen.
- Slide the Pump Body off the Bladder Sleeve. Pull the Bladder Sleeve out of the Bottom Platen. Set the Bladder Sleeve aside for future use; it contains the Top and Bottom Retainers, Centre Rod, and Bladder.
- Remove the 3/8" OD Check Ball from the Bottom Platen. Be careful not to lose either of the Check Balls, as they may be required for future use.
- Check all O-rings for wear or damage. Use the O-rings from the Conversion Kit, to replace as necessary.
Assembling the Double Valve Pump
- Thread the Filter Retainer with Filter Screen into the Bottom Platen.
- Take the 3/8" OD Check Ball from the Conversion Kit and drop it into the DVP Bottom Platen.
- Ensure there is an O-ring on the DVP Valve Body, and push fit, with the holes pointing downward into the DVP Bottom Platen until the O-ring firmly seats.
- Insert the other 3/8" OD Check Ball into the top of the Valve Body.
- Insert the bottom end of the DVP Riser into the Valve Body. (The bottom end of the riser has holes in it.)
- Slide the original Pump Body over the Riser and thread onto the Bottom Platen.
- Take the original Top Platen and while lining up the top of the Riser into the centre of the Top Platen, thread the Pump Body to the Top Platen.
Stainless Steel Bladder Pump Conversion to a Double Valve Pump
See separate instructions for Double Valve Pump operation.
® Teflon is a registered trademark of DuPont Corp.