Figure 3-5 Levelogger Information Window
If you want your datalogger to record and store readings in its internal memory, independent of STS operation, select
To stop the Levelogger from independently logging, select
The Levelogger Information window includes Levelogger Serial Number, Well Location, Altitude and Density Adjustment (used for Levelogger Gold and Junior Models only), Sample Rate, and Memory Mode Selection.
If you want your datalogger to record and store readings in its internal memory, independent of STS operation, select , and fill in the Sample Rate and Memory Mode Selection fields.
If you do not require independent logging, select and the STS Controller will only collect a real-time reading from the Levelogger at the scheduled STS Sample Rate. There is no need to enter a Levelogger Sample Rate.
- Serial Number, your Levelogger Serial Number will display after the System is initialized.
The Levelogger’s serial number will auto-fill once the system is initialized.
- Well Location, input specific site / location information.
- Density Adjustment (Levelogger Gold and Junior Models only) is used to adjust the range of the Levelogger based on the sample fluid density. The range for the density adjustment is from 0.9 kg/L to 1.1 kg/L. Uncheck the Density Adjustment field to disable the Density Adjustment function.
- Altitude (Levelogger Gold and Junior Models only) in feet or meters above sea level, at which the logger is actually deployed, is input in the altitude field. Water column equivalent pressure decreases with altitude at a rate of approximately 1.2:1000 in the lower atmosphere below 5000 m. You can compensate for this by entering an elevation between -1000 ft below sea level and 16,400 ft (or -300 m and 5000 m) above sea level. The readings will then be automatically compensated for elevation.
Altitude and Density Adjustments are made post data collection for the Levelogger Edge, Levelogger Junior Edge, and Barologger Edge.
- Sample Rate, is linear. Linear refers to a set time interval between collection of readings. Sample Rate can be any number from 0.125 seconds to 99 hours for the Levelogger Edge and Barologger Edge. The Levelogger Junior Edge can be set to record from 0.5 seconds to 99 hours.
The default Sample Rate is set to 15 minutes
The LTC Levelogger Junior has a minimum sampling rate of 5 seconds. Levelogger Junior and Gold can be set from 0.5 seconds to 99 hours.
In Slate Logging, the datalogger will stop recording readings after its memory is full. Therefore, Continuous Logging is recommended for long term monitoring applications.
- Memory Mode Selection, there is a choice of Continuous Logging (wrap around) or Slate Logging. In Continuous Logging the new log is started at the end of any previous log and continues logging, eventually recording over the first logged data. As one of the download options is to ‘Append Data’, Continuous Logging can be a preferred choice when logging long-term. In Slate Logging the new log is also started at the end of any previous log, but will stop recording when the memory is full, so that the beginning of the current log will not be written over. The Levelogger Junior, LTC Levelogger Junior, and Rainlogger only record in Slate Mode.