4.2.1 Com Port Designation Set Up
To check the Com port assigned to a USB device after installation, open the Device Manager. Expand 'Ports (COM & LPT)' to show the Com Port that has been assigned.
You may have to restart your computer after adding a new USB device, before that port will be detected by the Levelogger Software
After installing a USB device, should the Com Port number assigned to the device conflict with your existing devices, it is possible to change the Com Port designation number:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Click Systems to open the System Properties
- Click the Hardware tab and click 'Device Manager'
- Double Click the Ports Icon and select the 'USB Serial Port'
- Right click and select Properties
- Click the 'Port Settings' tab and click 'Advanced'
- Select the Com Port Number and click 'OK'
Note: the path to the "Port Settings" tab may be different for each Windows operating system. The above is just a guideline.