- Press Win + C on your keyboard to bring up the Charms Bar. Click on "Settings".
- Click on "Change PC settings" to open the Modern Control Panel.
Figure 4-6 Windows 8 Control Panel
- In the Control Panel, switch over to the "Update & recovery" section.
- Click on the "Recovery" option.
Figure 4-7 Restart Windows 8 PC
- In the Advanced startup section, click the "Restart now" button. This will restart your PC.
Figure 4-8 Troubleshoot Windows 8 PC
- Once your PC has rebooted, select the "Troubleshoot" option.
- Select "Advanced options".
- Select "Startup Settings".
- Select "Restart" to reboot your PC once more. This will allow modification to the boot time configuration settings.
Figure 4-9 Windows 8 Startup Settings
- A list of settings that can be changed will be shown. The setting you are looking for is "Disable driver signature enforcement". To choose this setting, press the F7 key.
- After the PC automatically restarts, you will be able to install the USB drivers, as described in Section 18.104.22.168.