5 : More Than a Number
Levelogger 5 is Much More
Solinst Levelogger 5 — the 5th generation Levelogger brings over 25 years of engineering and design experience with it. Everything about the new Levelogger 5 design focuses on providing high-quality water level data our customers can rely on, with all of the accuracy and ease of use expected from Solinst.
The Levelogger 5 is a self contained water level datalogger, using infra-red data transfer powered by a 10 year lithium battery, offering the flexibility of installing by use of a Direct Read Cable, wireline or Kevlar cord. The Levelogger 5 has a memory capacity of 150,000 temperature and water level data points.
Not Your Average Datalogger
- 25 Years of engineering innovation
- Decades of customer experience
- Deployed in 100+ countries
- Thousands of customers
- Millions of data points
- Countless applications
- Unlimited premium customer support
Our Constant Drive for Perfection
- Accurate and reliable temperature compensated water level data
- Optical communication interface with improved datalogger connectivity
- Durable double sealed construction using high-grade 316 stainless steel with PFAS Free corrosion-resistant coating
- Optimized high-speed optical communication interface with backwards compatible adaptors to work with 3rd and 4th generation Leveloggers
- Increased memory capacity and faster thermal response times
Quick Access to Data In The Field
- SRU (Solinst Readout Unit) provides instant access to compensated water level data.
- Levelogger App Interface allows you to program, and download in the field using your smart device
- DataGrabber gives you simple data downloading to your USB in the field, leaving down-hole logger undisturbed
Forward & Backward Compatibility
- Adaptors connect new Leveloggers to your existing direct read cables and accessories
- Want to connect a previous model Levelogger to a new Solinst accessory? We have an adaptor for that too.
Levelogger Software Version 4.6, written to support the Levelogger 5, Levelogger 5 Junior,
Levelogger 5 LTC, Rainlogger 5, and is backwards compatible to support the Levelogger Edge series. Version 4.6 offers many features, including the ability to barometrically compensate multiple Levelogger data files simultaneously.
What is a Water Level Datalogger?
A water level datalogger is an instrument that automatically and continuously records fluctuations in water level. Water level data logs are stored in the datalogger's memory and can be downloaded using software, or can be collected by other means such as a smart device app, telemetry, or data acquisition system.
Many water level dataloggers use a pressure sensor to measure water pressure above the water level datalogger zero measurement point. Water pressure readings can then be converted to water level equivalent measurements. Solinst offers both absolute and vented (gauged) pressure sensor water level dataloggers. An absolute water level datalogger measures both water and atmospheric pressure; therefore water level data needs to be barometrically compensated. A vented water level datalogger is vented to the atmosphere and only measures water pressure.
Typically, water level dataloggers are programmed, stopped, started and set to record at a specific interval using a software program. Solinst water level dataloggers can be set to record water levels as often as 1/8 of a second. A water level datalogger is an alternative to using a water level meter, which requires personnel to manually measure and record water levels. As such, water level dataloggers are ideal for long-term, uninterrupted water level monitoring and for short-term hydrogeological studies that require a high frequency of water level recordings.
Solinst water level dataloggers also record water temperature; in addition, the Levelogger 5 LTC records conductivity. Solinst water level dataloggers are compact instruments and combine the pressure sensor, temperature sensor, conductivity sensor, memory, and long-lasting battery in one durable housing.
All-in-one water level dataloggers make deployment easy. Solinst provides the option of deploying via simple wireline/rope or using direct read cables to allow communication while the datalogger is installed and logging (vented water level loggers are deployed using vented communication cables). Water level dataloggers can be used to measure groundwater levels, as well as surface water levels in rivers, streams, lakes, oceans, etc.
3001 Levelogger 5 LTC
- Conductivity, water level and temperature datalogging
- Full range 0-80,000 S/cm
- Ideal for salinity and saltwater intrusion studies, tracer tests, agricultural and stormwater run-off monitoring
Levelogger 5 App Interface
- Creates a wireless connection between your Levelogger and smart device running the Solinst Levelogger App
- Program your Leveloggers to record, or view and save real-time readeings
- Download and view data collected by your Levelogger and e-mail it from your smart device
415 12V Submersible Pump
The Solinst 12V Submersible Pump provides an efficient means of purging and obtaining groundwater samples from 2" OD monitoring wells. The compact pump can sample from depths of 36.5 m (120 ft) below ground surface, and is easy to adjust the flow rates up to 13.5 L/min (3.6 US gpm) in shallower applications.
Solinst Readout Unit (SRU)
The Solinst Readout Unit (SRU) is a rugged, handheld device designed to connect to a deployed Solinst datalogger and display instant water level readings – with the option of automatic barometric compensation. Real-time logging and downloaded data can be saved and transferred to a PC. Quickly check the datalogger's status.
Plug and Play Telemetry
Already own Leveloggers? Quickly and easily upgrade your monitoring wells with LevelSender Telemetry. The 4G LevelSender 5 telemetry system features an optional Solinst SIM card. It is set up for you in advance—with a low-cost plan managed by Solinst! An internal barometer provides automatically compensated water level readings; set high/low level alarms.
Drive-Point Multilevel System
The 615ML Multilevel Drive-Point System allows monitoring of up to 6 zones in one drive, using ports with a dual barb stem to attach either ¼" or ⅜" OD tubing. Install using extensions and a Manual Slide Hammer, similar to standard 615 installations, for high-resolution vertical groundwater or soil gas profiling.
Make Your Life Easier In The Field
Consider making your life easier in the field by ordering one of our convenient Field Tables. We have two models available, Well-mount and Stand-alone, to keep your equipment organized and provide a clean, sturdy surface to hold your field tools.
Well-mount Field Table - 115209
Stand-alone Field Table - 115312
Solinst Sonic Water Level Meter
The 104 Solinst Sonic Water Level Meter is a portable, acoustic ranging instrument designed to simply and quickly provide depth to static water level measurements down to 600 m (2000 ft), without the need to lower equipment down a well. Ideal for straight, crooked, narrow, hard to access, or contaminated wells.
Related Blog Posts
The Importance Of Measuring Drawdown
How Using a Levelogger and 101D Together Provides Essential Data What is Drawdown? Drawdown is a change in groundwater level due to an applied stress, caused by events such as: Pumping from a well Pumping from a neighbouring well Intensive water taking from local area Seasonal declines as recharge rates lower How is Drawdown Measured?